Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oii!

Oi! Well this week FLEW by! Today I woke up and couldn´t believe it was Pday again! Crazy! My week was pretty good though. We have zone conference in João Pessoa and it was exciting to travel to a big city for the first time in a while. The conference was awesome! I felt the spirit so strong during the entire thing and I was just so happy that I have such a wonderful mission president. President H and Sister H are amazing and are doing miracles in this mission! What a blessing it is to be working her with them. Since it was my last conference I got to bear my testimony in front of everyone. It was good. My goal was to not cry, so I had to make them laugh a little. As we sang the mission hymn I began to feel the reality of the fact that I´m going home soon. It is a good and bad feeling....but as Elder Wirthlin said....Come what may and love it! That is just what I will have to do. I´m nervous about coming home, but I have to do it. I´m hoping to stay here a few more days before going home. The chapel here is Guarabira will be dedicated April 10th. The night before the dedication we are doing a big theatrical performance with the youth. We started practicing the skits last night and it is going to be a great show! ALL the VIPs from Guarabira will hopefully be there and it will be a chance to show the community what me believe and also show how fun it is to be a member of the church. All the skits have to do with the topics from `For the Strength of Youth``` and each skit has a music. I´m in charge of all the musical numbers (if i stay) and it is quite a chore but I´m excited for start putting everything together. I asked President H to stay on a little while longer, but he still hasn´t approved anything. He got excited though when I asked him if I could stay, so we will see how everything works out. At conference President H took us four missionaries aside and told us how proud he was of our work here in Guarabira. He said we are doing miracles. That felt good to hear. I don´t know if we are doing miracles, but we are trying our best. Our attendence was awesome yesterday (again, whooohooo!) and the members are helping out so much. Last night I was talking with Elder Siquiera and he said....``it is amazing the difference huh? the members are so much happier now than when we arrived.`` I agreed with him. The Lord has really been preparing these members to be able to receive their new chapel! The missionary work is going a long great. THe members are giving us so many references that it is hard to visit all of them. Yesterday a member came up to us and said---we have 4 families for you to teach this afternoon´´´.....we felt a little overwhelmed because of our other appointments and said that the elders would have to teach some of them. After lunch we headed out to the countryside where these people were living. It was a lot of fun. One family had so many animals walking around that it was a little hard to know get distracted. During the lesson chickens, pigs, and goats kept passing by and I beginning to think i was on Noah´s ark, and not in Brazil. The families were cool though. One family told us that crocodiles live in their lake. Every once in a while when one of them kills a pig the family gets all riled up and goes on a crocodile hunting spree. It was a lot of fun to hear all their stories! Well I have to go! I love you all and hope you are safe and in good health! See you all soon!


Love ya,
Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment