Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last email

So I can´t believe this is the last email I will be sending from Brazil. Time has flown by way too fast this last transfer. The week I was a little sad because I felt like time was slipping through my hands, but I´m very excited to see the family. It has been a short and long 18 months, but I´m ready to come home. President H talked with me and said the Lord is pleased with my work here in Joao Pessoa and with my mission and that I did what I came here to do...and now it is time to go home. Hard words to hear, but Brazil will always be here and I can visit the people I´ve come to respect and love for the rest of my life. A mission is an experience that few people get to have...and it is the best experience. I feel so blessed for the opportunity I had to serve in this wonderful mission with these wonderful people.t President and Sister H are literally angels. They have made such an impact in my life because of their wonderful examples and their willingness to serve the Lord. I´ll never to be able to thank them for the help they´ve given me on the mission. The other day I tried to think about how my life would be without my mission and it was impossible. I was meant to serve a mission. I knew it on the day I received my patriarchal blessing. It was something I had to do before being a wife, mom, etc. It will be hard to leave Brazil, but I´ll get all my crying out before coming home. I love Brazil, I´ll always love Brazil, but I´m accepting the fact that my time as a fulltime missionary is over for now. I´m hoping that one day I´ll serve here with my husband. who knows! This past week was pretty good. I got a call on Monday saying that I had to be in Joao Pessoa on Tuesday for a training...so we picked up a bus at 5 am on Tuesday heading for Joao Pessoa. It was worth it though. I got to see Sister G, my daughter (who I trained), and Sister De Oliveira who is just one of my favorite people in the world. The training was amazing. President H and Sister H bring the spirit into whatever meeting they attend. We got a special treat this week. One of our investigators was baptized by President H. Sister H is a good friend of this lady and when we marked her baptism she said she wanted Pres. H to baptize her. He is a pretty busy man, but we called him and he accepted the invitation. I have to tell you it was an AWESOME experience watching President H enter the baptismal font with Neide. The Spirit was super strong and it definitely isn´t everyday that you see your mission president baptizing one of your investigators. Awesome. But yeah.. the week was good. This week is my last full week as a missionary. Sad. Next week I´ll be home. Next monday isn´t p-day so you won´t receive an email from me...this is officially the last. Tchau, sister wood

No comments:

Post a Comment