Friday, October 29, 2010

Visited by an apostle and a parasite!

So this week was pretty good. Sister G and I have been teaching like crazy and having a lot of success. We worked pretty hard this week and a few days ago I started getting dizzy spells. I thought it was because of the heat, but after talking with a few people I think it is because I have a parasite. We´ve been drinking tap water recently just because it is free, but it turned out to not be such a great thing.... The temperature has been getting pretty hot recently and it has definitely been a lot harder to walk in the streets with the hot sun baking our skin. Unfortunately the weather will just continue to get hotter until the end of the year. So yesterday in our meeting with the bishop I receive some great news....four of my recent converts are signed up to go to the temple this next month. Isn't that just the coolest thing? Also we had several investigators who went to a fireside that Elder Bednar held. They ended up enjoying it quite a bit and we are going to mark their baptisms for this week hopefully. Well I can't believe I´m going to stay another transfer in Tibiri, but at least all the ward members are happy. Several members are wanting to make us dinner in celebration of me staying and the bishop´s wife just wants me to move here after I finish my mission. So today we got to listen to Elder Bednar and his wonderful wife. It was a great experience. He pretty much talked the entire time about how we can become good teachers. He opened the meeting up to comments and questions and I was able to make a comment about a talk he gave a few years ago--Ask in Faith. After the meeting was over President and Sister Hall took the Bednars to the airport. When they returned they told me that Elder Bednar had really enjoyed the comment I made...which of course made me happy. It was so nice to be in the presence of an apostle and to learn from him. With out a doubt he is an apostle of the Lord and a special witness of our Savior. The Spirit was extremely strong in our meeting and I continue to feel it until now. He talked a lot about the importance of acting and not being acted upon. Many people wait for things to happen in their lives, but this is the opposite of faith. When I person has true faith he always acts. We show our faith by acting and not by being acted upon. This is a principle that I am trying to apply in my life during the mission and afterwards as well. After Elder Bednar left all the missionaries ate lunch and chatted. The entire mission was there for the conference which has not happened since last Christmas. It was wonderful to see everyone again. I really have made so many wonderful, lifelong friends on this mission. Sister H and Sister De Oliveira have made such an impact in my life and their friendship has been one of the biggest tender mercies I´ve received on the mission. When all three of us got together we just started talking a million miles a minute and giving hugs. I think I must have given Sister De Oliveira at least 100 hugs today alone. I just hope you guys get to meet these wonderful girls sometday! Well you guys know how I love to talk and today I was on full `´mouth of the south`` mode. I talked and chatted and laughed and cried until our motorist picked us up to go home. I´m so grateful for the missionaries in this mission! They are all so great! After the conference our motorist took us to get Açai (AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING) and took the road home that goes by the beach. IT was wonderful to see the rolling waves and beautiful palm trees. Honestly my mission is so pretty! Well I have to go now. You guys should totally read the priesthood session talks. I put them on my ipod last week and have listened to Pres. Utchdorfs and Pres. Monsons talks about 4 or 5 times and still haven't gotten sick of them. Honestly conference is the best thing since sliced bread. Well I love you guys. Have a great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment