Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still here, still faithful...

So just to put your minds at ease, I didn't die last week and I wasn't transferred. I´m staying here in Tibiri until Dec 2nd! Waahooo! I´m so happy I stayed and luckily the members are as well. 8 months in one area!!! Crazy huh? But luckily I´m super happy. I´m going to stay with Sister G and Sister H and another new sister, Sister Arruda who Sister H is training. She seems so cool and I´m ready for another transfer full of hard work and fun! These past weeks have been pretty great. Tons of crazy things happened, but I think it is best that I save these stories until after the mission. Things are going great though. Lindenberg will most likely start his mission papers in 2 months and I´m thinking that it will be so crazy to have someone I baptized on a mission! Elizabeth was confirmed and bore her testimony the same day. It was a simple but amazing testimony and it was so awesome to hear. It is amazing the change that can happen and the testimony a person can gain in a matter of a few weeks. She talked with the bishop this last week to receive her temple recommend to do baptisms so she´ll be headed to the Recife temple in 3 weeks. Sweet huh??! As I was sitting in church this Sunday I was very satisfied with my work here in Tibiri. My baptisms are passing the sacrament, giving prayers, bearing testimonies, baptizing others, being ushers, teaching classes, doing visiting teaching, preparing for missions, etc. I´m very happy to have been able to see all the progress during these 8 months. It definitely is a blessing! As I´ve said a thousand times, the mission is the best decision I´ve ever made. I´m glad I´ve been able to be an instrument in the Lords hands to help change some peoples lives. It is a good feeling. I can't believe I´ll be home in 5 months...so weird. It will be so weird to go to a house that doesn't have a concrete wall around it, it will be so weird to see grass yards, it will be so weird to knock on a door instead of clap, and it will be so weird to eat something besides beans and rice....but I´ll get used to it. THe U.S. will be a huge shock to me, but it will be good to return home in April! I´m doing great though. Happy and ready to work harder than ever this transfer! Elder Bednar will visit our mission this next Monday, so that will be cool. I´m really excited to see an apostle close up. I took their visits for granted when I was at BYU. I´m sure Elder Bednar will whip us into shape and inspire us to be better than we are! I´ll be sure to write you guys all about it next week. I love you all and hope you guys are doing well. Always remember the importance of scripture study and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment