Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A happy missionary!

Another great week at the CTM! I love it here and am sad that I~ll be leaving this place in 4 weeks! SCARY...not really. I~m excited to hit the streets of Joao Pessoa and preach the gospel. I loved the gospel before the mission, but since I~ve been in the CTM I~ve come to think of it as a precious gem that is sacred and brings so much meaning to my life. Without it I would be lost....but luckily I know about what God and Jesus Christ did for me. I know exactly why I am here on earth and where I am going after I die. What peace that brings to my soul!

Elder Scott came last Friday Elder Jensen came last Friday to speak to all the missionaries and I got to shake his hand....ok ok...all the missionaries got to shake his hand, but I still feel special. He taught us some hard lessons and after it was over I felt like I needed to change A LOT in my life. It was amazing though.

So Mom I forgot to tell you something! You know those two jumpers you made for me??!! Well you~ll never guess, but all the sisters here adore them! Everytime I wear them I get SOOOOO many compliments and people tell me I am so lucky I have a mother who sews for me and they are right! Also another thing that will make you happy....I~ve been playing the piano in sacrament meeting and next week I~m going to be playing prelude music for the devotional with a member of the seventy....pray that I don~t faint from fear!

You will both be happy to know I am still your sunshine. Every day we go around our district and gives compliment to someone. Every time I~ve been complimented it is always something like: you are so happy, you love life, I think it is impossible for you to frown, etc. Ha ha....I~m trying to stay as happy as possible and it is easy since I study the gospel and portuguese everyday.

Today we went to the temple again, but today was a little different. On my way into the session, I grabbed a pair of headphones so I could listen to the session in portuguese. When I walked in with them I could just see all the missionaries kicking themselves for not thinking of doing that before. After the session, which was AMAZING, I had so many missionaries come up to me and tell me that next week they were going to do the same thing. They were very thankful for the idea!

THis past weekend we had TRC (training resource center) where we had to teach members the first lesson. When we got to the door of the classroom where our members were, sister gricius said....I~ve heard that they sometimes put investigators in these. Well that made me so nervous, but I put a smile on my face and wished for the best. We went in and taught the first lesson and it went so great! After we taught the lesson we had to get feedback from a teacher and he said we did fantastic...but everyone has to do it two times...so the second time we went in to teach the same lesson and then one of the investigators asked about the plan of salvation...I looked at sister gricius and then at the investigator and went straight into the second lesson. It was amazing. 30 minutes of straight portuguese...with few mistakes. Our instructor was over the moon! TOday we are going to pass out a book of Mormon hopefully!


30 seconds....gotta go. thanks for the emails. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment