Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This weeks email is going to be SUPER short because I have only 20 minutes today. Sometimes I think P-day the busiest day of the week! This morning we went to Policia Federal to get IDed and fingerprinted. It was quite an experience. While I was waiting I talked to a guy from Costa Rica. Unfortuntely my number was called before I could tell him anything about the gospel. Life as a missionary continues to go well. I can~t believe I~ve already been here 3 weeks. People say time flies when you are having fun, but I disagree....time just flies all the time. I~ve never worked this hard in my life and can already tell what a difference it is making in my life. This past monday I taught my first solo lesson in Portuguese. It was stressful, but as soon as I started talking the words just flowed. It is amazing how quickly the language comes. With the Lords help all things are possible! When I finished the lesson my teacher told me I did a terrific job on it compared to most of the other missionaries! I was so relieved. I~ve been feeling under the weather for the past week and I think it is due to the constantly changing weather. One day it is sunny, the next it is cold and stormy. The thunderstorms down here are so severe sometimes I wonder if the CTM will just get blow away! Anyway...I think the constant change in pressure is to blame for all these headaches I~m getting. Dang it, only 12 minutes until I get kicked off this thing! There are so many things I want to tell you about, but just don~t have the time. I have honestly grown so much in these past 3 weeks. Everyday I just wonder what I~m going to learn next. Sometimes I feel like I can~t be stretched anymore, but somehow I manage to with the Lord~s help. Last night we got to watched a talk that Elder Scott gave in the Provo MTC in August. It was awesome. It was mostly about obedience and listening to the spirit. He shared some absolutely wonderful stories and made me realize that I am going to be so safe in Joao Pessoa...as long as I follow the promptings I get. Let me tell you a little more about my companion Sister Gricius. She knows French and German, has an MBA, and is a professional celloist. She is ambitious and extremely driven and I absolutely love her to death. She tones down my craziness and I help her loosen up every once in a while. I still see sister dunn around. She and I definitely have a lot of fun together...sometimes too much fun, which makes me thankful we aren~t companions. Well I know I haven~t said much, but my time is up. I~ll try to exclude more details in next weeks email. In the meantime keep sending letters. I seriously almost cry from happiness when I get letters in the mailbox. I~m trying to write back letters, but i only have about 2 hours a week to write so many people! Thanks for all the emails and prayers. It is nice to know there are so many people praying for me!Love you,Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment