Monday, February 14, 2011

Short again...

Happy Valentines Day....in the U.S.! Here it is June 12th! But I hope you are all feeling the love! alright this is going to be fast. AGAIN. sorry! This week was good. We worked hard and the sun about killed us, but it ended alright. We only had 108 people at church because it rained. :( It was a little bit of a downer, but this next week will be better. Saturday night I was asked to talk to the Young Women about Personal Progress and it was just such a great experience. I got to remember my days as a young woman and hopefully gave some helpful advice to these amazing girls. One bad/ interesting/ slightly funny thing that happened this week.....The Relief Society President in the branch talked in church yesterday and it was a mess. She used to be a member of another church, which is a fairly lively church where lots of shouting and taking of the Lord´s name in vain occur. All I can say is that when she got up to talk I started to pray....the more she talked the more I prayed. She spent the entire time pumping her fists in the air, yelling, shouting Hallelujah, and telling people to repent. Goodness gracious, it was a mess. I have never felt the need to run out of the room while listening to a talk in church before, but yesterday I was looking nervously at the exit. If we hadn't had investigators at church I would have thought the situation funny, but our investigators (2 of which would be baptized this week) said they felt extremely uncomfortable and nervous during her talk. I got a little mad afterwards and will be talking to the branch president tonight. This is almost a weekly occurrance that she scares the inactive people we are reactivating and our investigators. Anyway. that's how it is sometimes....the amount of apostasy in these out of the way areas is ridiculous at time! But either way I love Guarabira and I love the branch. This week we got to go in the new chapel with President and Sister H! It is beautiful! I was able to play the piano a little bit and I thought I would cry just having the chance to touch a piano. so great! But yeah. things are going well. the work continues as usual. I hope you all are doing great and in good health! LOVE YOU ALL!

Love, Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment