Monday, February 7, 2011

132!

So guess how many people were at church yesterday 132!!!!! We blew our goal of 120 out of the water! WAHOOOO!!! The Elders, some members, and us worked our tails off all week and we reached our goal! President and Sister H were there yesterday along with the district president and they were just thrilled at the turnout! We almost didn´t have enough room for all the people on the benches! All I can say is that I thanked Heavenly Father a LONG LONG time for this miracle! It was so great. Almost all of the inactive people we took cookies too showed up and it was just a party! I haven´t been that happy or given that many hugs in a while! It was great though to see the results of our work. The chapel will be dedicated in the middle or the end of March hopefully (the city has to inspect it and declare it safe or something)...so a few weeks before I come home. I hope I´ll stay here to see the chapel dedicated. Either way I´m happy that the good folks of Guarabira will have a chapel soon. President H talked yesterday to the branch and said it really doesn´t matter whether we meet in a beautiful chapel or the house we are currently meeting in.....the gospel is the important thing...it honestly is the only thing that really matters. He compared the chapel to a box that holds the thing that is most precious...the pearl of great price.

Well This week was super busy and lots of things happened that I would like to talk about, but my time is up! I hope you have an AWESOME week!

Tchau, Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment