Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Short but sweet...

Another great week in Natal. Goodness I love it here. This past week sister Dias and I got lost on the bus and ended up at one of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil. Talk about luck! Of course we didn’t get walk on the beach, only saw it from the bus, but my oh my was it gorgeous. What a blessing it is to serve close to the beach and have that cool ocean breeze everyday! Also This last week we worked our tails off, but didn’t have any baptisms yesterday. We are working with a lot of families right now and it is wonderful to see how their lives are changing. One man we are working with is just awesome, but frustrating at the same time. His wife has been a member for 21 years. All his children and grandchildren are members, but he never wanted anything to do with the church. This past week he told his wife he wanted to be taught by the missionaries. This is the first time he has asked that in 21 years!!! My companion and I taught him several times this past week and it went well, but he is waiting to know for certain that the church is true until he is baptized. Hopefully he will continue with his prayers this week and feel the spirit testifying that all the things weve taught him about are true. Goodness I have no time this week. I´ve spent the last 30 minutes trying to upload photos, but nothing is working. Frustrating! Ím doing great though. Loving the missionary life and staying out of trouble….for the most part. ;) Thanks for the emails! They always make me smile! Love you all!!!!Love,sister wood

No comments:

Post a Comment