Monday, March 22, 2010

Another great week!

This week's email will be a little shorter because I don't have a ton of time. This past week was another wonderful week and full of its own little miracles. We´ve been teaching an 18 yr old girl these past 2 weeks who is just amazing. Everytime we leave her house I say to my companion that one day this girl will serve a mission. We were a little worried about whether she would want to be baptized because she and her family are VERY catholic, but she really enjoyed church last week so we were hopeful she would accept the invitation to be baptized. Well when we arrived in her house this past week she said, ´´I want to be baptized and serve a mission.´´ We just sat there shocked for a few seconds before celebrating with her this awesome decision. She was baptized with another one of our investigators yesterday and couldn't stop crying from happiness. Goodness if you could just hear the prayers this girl gives! She is definitely an elect and my hope is that one day she will serve a mission! The Lord really is blessing us in this area and we have 2 baptisms marked for this Sunday. One is Andreilton! He is so excited to be baptized and be sealed to his family in one year. The cool thing is in almost exactly one year is the end of my mission and I will be able to watch the sealing of this beautiful family. We ate dinner at the house of Andreilton´s daughter last night and she just started crying when she started talking to us about the baptism. She said she never thought she would see her father get baptized...that she gave up hope many years ago. She just kept thanking us over and over and I felt really humbled that the Lord blessed us in helping this beautiful familiy. Anyway things are great. We found the house of the adventista missionaries that came to church last week. Goodness it was quite a sight. Two elders, my companion, and I in a house with at least 20 7th day Adventist missionaries. The elders bible bashed a little, but I just talked to a few of them about the Book of Mormon. One of them promised to read the Book of Mormon in 1 month! I told him it will change his life and that he better be prepared to become a member of the church! All he did was laugh! Anyway...it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. Next week I won't email until Wednesday because we have transfer. I will most likely be staying in Potengi and receiving another companion. I hope you all have a great week! You are all in my prayers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ariel, I don't know if you can read this or not. But I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you and think you make an amazing missionary! I am so happy you have this blog that I can follow and hear your stories (ps I promise I am not a stalker... it was on your Facebook).

    ReplyDelete