Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Same place, new companion

So today we had transfers, but I stayed in the same place with a different companion. Sister Leal is my new companion and I~m so excited that we were put together! We lived in the same apartment together this past transfer, but had different companions. She is the sister that massaged my feet my first few weeks here when I was still getting used to my shoes. I love her to death and am looking forward to these next 6 weeks. This last week was good….a little disappointing. We were all set to baptize a family and then they decided they couldn~t give up alcohol and coffee. And we had a man that was going to get baptized this past Sunday who was called into work at the last minute and couldn~t come to church and be baptized! How frustrating! BUT I~m in good spirits…even if people don~t care to know if the church is true, I know it is true! I love being a missionary and today I was thinking that my time here is passing by too fast. Before I know it I will be on my last transfer and then on my way home. How strange that will be! So the missionary work is definitely physically demanding and this week I felt it! Yesterday I~m pretty sure I had heat exhaustion. It was one of the hottest days I have experienced here and I was already sick with a fever and terrible tension headache before we left the apartment. After walking a couple hours in full sun I started to feel extremely sick and exhausted. I stopped sweating (which is definitely a bad sign here!) and tried to drink plenty of water, but felt nauseous every time I drank or ate anything. After a while I felt like I couldn~t walk any further I finally told my companion we needed to return to the apartment. I don~t remember much of our walk back to the apartment…I just remember I kept telling myself—don’t faint, don’t faint! Just put one foot in front of the other!. When we got home I collapsed on the bed and took my temperature (101 degrees…not too bad, but definitely a fever). My companion told me I needed to take a cold shower and cool down because I was extremely red. After taking a cold shower I took a 2 hour nap. I felt so bad about having to return home early…but I think I would have fainted if I had continued to work. Anyway…I am a lot better today. The fever is gone, but I am still nursing a bad tension headache. Health really is such a blessing. Hopefully I will return to full health soon! Despite the little health problem this past week, everything is great. We have made friends with so many people in Sousa and are preaching the gospel as much as humanly possible. On Monday Sister Young and I broke our record for number of lessons in one day. Goodness gracious we worked hard that day! It is wonderful to work hard everyday….when we aren~t doing anything it is so strange. I hope this work ethic I have acquired here will return home with me. Well I~ve got to go! I~m glad you all are well. I will write again on Monday. My pdays have been all over the place recently because of holidays, transfers, etc. Love you ALL!!!!! Boa semana para voces!Com amor,Sister wood

No comments:

Post a Comment