Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My first baptisms!

SOOOOOO BATIZA!!!!!! Oi !!!!!!!! So after weeks and weeks of hard work we are finally seeing some results!!! I had my FIRST BAPTISMS this week. We baptized a couple (who we helped get married back in December) and a girl who´s aunt is a member of the church. We baptized all three of them on Sunday and it was just a marvelous day! The president of the district here baptized them and they were confirmed on the same day. It was wonderful to see how happy they all were and of course we were happy as well!! We have a couple baptisms planned for this next week so hopefully all will go well with them! Goodness I love it here! Yesterday we had zone conference in Mossoro, a city about 5 hours north, and goodness gracious was it hot! The conference was in a chapel and it was so weird. I´ve been having church in a classroom or house for so long it felt like I was entering a temple instead of a chapel. Conference was fantastic as always and the whole day I just kept thinking over and over…there is no better preparation for life than serving a mission. I have learned so much while I~ve been here….things that can~t be taught in classrooms or universities. I~ve learned about the joy that comes from hard work…I~ve learned about what it really means to love the people you serve. Goodness I love it here…I can~t wait for you to come down and visit at the end of my mission and see how wonderful this place and these people are! During conference yesterday Sister Fernandes talked a lot about the importance of familias and I think I will definitely hit the ground running with the whole dating thing when I return from the mission. The single life is definitely fun and I will miss it, but I need to grow up after my mission and forget about all the places I still want to visit and all the crazy things I want to do. It was good to think about the family I have and the family I will have in the future. President and Sister Fernandes are just absolutely wonderful in every way. It is impossible to say how much love and respect I have for them. They just love the missionaries so much and know exactly what to say to us to make us work harder and be better! I will definitely be sad when they leave in June! Well lots of other things happened this week, but I don~t really have time to write about everything…. I am keeping a journal though and taking pictures from time to time! I heard about the earthquake in Haiti. How sad! I wish I could help the people in Haiti someway, but all I can do is pray for them….but prayer definitely works. Well I hope you all are warm and cozy in the United States. I have to admit I~m glad I~m not experiencing the same temperatures as y´all. Stay warm, and I will try to stay cool. Love you all and pray for you daily!Com todo meu amor,Sister Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment