Monday, December 7, 2009

So I just wrote a long email and the computer messed up and didnt send it so this one will be shorter. Next week is my last Pday before Christmas because Pday is on Christmas day the next week after that. For Christmas you will have to call a chapel here in Sousa. Preferably in the afternoon or evening. In the morning we are busy with members and studying. Things are going ok in Sousa. These past two weeks have been the hardest weeks on my life..hands down. I~ve lost count of how many times I~ve cried, but I think the worst is over for now. It is just hard to remained composed when your feet and knees are killing you, you have horrible sunburns despite the fact you use sunscreen, and the people never keep commitments. They people are so nice here, but never read or pray about the things we teach. It is frustrating. BUT things are looking up. The last two days I~ve been slowly returning to my joyful, energetic, cheerful self. Yesterday was interesting. Fast sundays in branches are probably always interesting. There aren~t very many people to bear testimonies so of course almost everyone went up. I bore my testimony in broken portuguese, but it was good. Several people told me afterwards that they only bore their testimonies because of mine. That was nice to hear. The members here are great. Everyday we eat lunch with a different member and it is always delicious! We eat some interesting things at times, but i like trying new foods now. Sousa is definitely a different place....way different than anything I am used to. It is now normal for me to see naked children running in the streets and playing in piles of trash....we see this several times a day. Animals roam the streets....they are honestly everywhere! Horses, donkeys, cows, chickens, and this last week we were walking along and out of nowhere this big pig busts starts walking across the main street in town. It was adorable though because about 7-8 little piglets were following right behind her. The sunsets here in Sousa are indescribable....seriously beautiful in everyway! Also the moon is amazing here at night.. It is so close. at times you think you could almost reach out and touch it. The other night we were in a super poor neighborhood underneath the full moon watching the neighborhood kids do capoiera...a brazilian fighting/dancing type of thing. They were so good!!!!! A guy from town teaches them everyweek and he was AMAZING. It was just a lot of fun because they made us introduce ourselves and then we all started clapping and chanting to the beat of the music. It was just a great experience!Ok well I have to go. I hope you are all doing well. Love you all,sister wood some scriptures that have helped me out a lot! Moses 6:31-34 Romans 8:35-39 Job 23:8-12

No comments:

Post a Comment