Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweating in Guarabira

howdy to all you guys up there in the cold cold north! It is BLAZING Hot down here.....honestly burning hot hot hot! Yesterday Sister Venia and I were climbing a hill at noon and we thought we were going to die. Honestly, the only reason I didn´t give up and fall on the ground is because the ground is way hotter. Honestly I don´t know how people live here at times in this heat. I take a shower and before I even get dressed I´m sweating profusely. I´m very excited to go back home and have air conditioning. This week the military police gave us another ride into town and feeling cold air for 10 minutes was just a tender mercy of the Lord. A lady today told me she has so much respect for us....because we walk in the sun all day....for free....helping people to have better lives. It really doesn´t seem like that much of a sacrifice though....only in the noon-day sun. Things went well this past week. We are working a lot more with members and less-active members right now than investigators. The chapel is getting close to being finished, but President Hall refuses to dedicate it until we have 120+ attendence for 1 month. Last week we worked our rearends off trying to get everyone to church and there ended up only being 95. This week we worked even harder and only 92 people came! So frustrating, but at the same time about 20 less actives came this week that hadn´t been in a while....just a lot of active members were out of town. Either way, we will reach our goal of 120! I want to see this chapel dedicated before I leave in 11 weeks.

Well things are just going normal here. I finished the Book of Mormon in French last week. It was awesome. I love French. Seriously want to learn that language. Next time we go to France I´ll be the one trying to communicate in French, not Mom! I´m now concentrating my study on the Book of Mormon in German. It is definitely harder (at least for me) than French. However it is coming along. I´ve already read 50 pages of 1 Nephi and it is amazing how quickly you can catch on to a language. Still it will only be after a lot of studying that I will ever understand German. I´ve also been studing a lot of Spanish grammar and talk to myself in Spanish all the time. This week while teaching I accidently said a few things in Spanish....I guess thats the risk I have to take! I just hope I continue to study languages for the rest of my life. There is something so fun about picking up something to read, understanding nothing, studying it daily, and little by little unlocking the keys of the language. I still can´t believe I´m coming home in 11 weeks. I´ve been getting really nervous about coming home. This entire week I´ve been exhausted because I haven´t been able to sleep very well. I lay down at 10:30pm....and then begin to think about the uncertain future...and I start to get nervous and scared. It will be really really weird for me to come back. I hope I take it well....and I hope I stop being nervous so I can sleep! Well. I hope you all are doing great and in good health. Continue doing the things that are right! This is the true church! No DOUBTs! The plan of happiness is perfect and God loves us so much. In sunday school we talked about evidences that God loves us... Truly having my family is the biggest proof (besides the atonement of Christ) that God loves me! Stay warm and stay safe!

LOVE YOU, SISTER WOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment