Thursday, December 9, 2010

Short, but sweet ☺

Well these first few days in Guarabira have been fun! I was a little lost in the beginning because there are a million little streets and alleys that you can go down. Luckily I have my companion so we don't get lost too much. Guarabira reminds me a lot of Italian towns, just less cute and pictuesque. It is extremely hilly and I´ve been loving it. It is like being on a stair-stepper all day. This past week we taught a lot of people in a neighborhood near the chapel that is being built. They are a little bit poorer than the rest of the people here and therefore are more humble as well. We have been having a lot of sucess with them and baptized a young woman yesterday who is just super cute! We brought 4 people to church yesterday and one of them loved the testimonies of the members so much that she unexpectedly jumped up and bore her own. She is such a cutie! She wants to get baptized, but she has to go to church 6 more times before she can be! So sometime in January! While the chapel is being built the branch is meeting in a house in the downtown. The sacrament meeting is held in a pavilion type of thing behind the house and it was just the coolest thing every to see it filled with stallwart Latter-day Saints. The testimony meeting was definitely one of the best I´ve witnessed on the mission and maybe in my life. The Spirit was extremely strong and just got stronger and stronger with each members testimony. I´m super excited to work with these wonderful members! The end of my mission will be the best I´m thinking! Well I hope you all are doing great and enjoying the cold weather. It is hot and steamy down here! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Wood

P.S. I found this super cool quote by Elder Christofferson this past week in my studies:

``Some see only sacrifice and limitations in obedience to the commandments of the new and everlasting covenant, but those who live the experience--who give themselves freely and unreservedly to the covenant life--find greater liberty and fulfillment. When we truly understand, we seek more commandments, not fewer. Each new law or commandment we learn and live is like one more rung or step on a ladder that enables us to climb higher and higher and higher. Truly, the gospel life is the good life.``

All I can say is AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment